I am so excited to share with you one of the easiest DIY Christmas Wreath for the Home today! I recently had the pleasure of designing and styling a commercial editorial for the mega fashion blogger, Danielle Downing, of Shop Dandy! She hired me to create a few Christmas sets for her holiday sales efforts and it was a BLAST! She wanted a color scheme of white, red, evergreen, kraft and gold and let me take away the details from there. I got to shop all the prettiest Nordstrom holiday decor to make it happen, and just knew I HAD to have this sweet little “JOY” light up sign. Instead of just hanging it as is, I thought it would really pop against a pretty fresh Christmas wreath, so I set out to make this sweet and easy DIY!
If you are anything like me, you want pretty and unique holiday decoration details that are easy and quick to whip up. Because I would much rather actually enjoy the season with the ones I love than spend hours crafting the perfect DIY!
And what’s better than an easy DIY? An easy DIY with your girlfriends and champagne, that is! Gather your best gals, grab supplies for them to make their own DIY wall art, and make a party of it! This Joyful Wreath Wall Decor creates a darling focal point for your Christmas gatherings and is so simple to make! I’m talking 10 minutes easy. Let’s do this!
DIY Christmas Wreath Supplies Needed:
- Large Frame without glass
- Wrapping Paper in your choice of color and pattern
- Wreath (we used a real greenery wreath, but a faux one would work, too!)
- JOY lighted sign from Nordstrom
- Hole Punch
- Clear Fishing Line
- Contact Strips for Easy Hanging
DIY Christmas Wreath Assembly Steps:
- Disassemble large frame. If you have a glass insert for your frame, put it to the side for this project. You won’t need it for the final product!
- Wrap the cardboard insert of your frame with a wrapping paper design of your choice. Secure the wrapping paper with tape to the side of the board that will be against the wall. Design Tip: Patterned wrapping paper is a better choice than solid as it can more easily blend any creases or wrapping imperfections in the final look!
- Use your hole punch to punch 3 holes. One on the right side, one on the left side and one in the top center.
- Secure the wrapped cardboard insert back into your frame.
- Lay your wreath on top of your frame and using your clear fishing line, secure the wreath to the frame through the punched holes. Tie the line with tight knots and trim off any excess.
- Gently lift your frame and ensure that your wreath is securely attached to your frame. When secured, lay your JOY lighted sign on the wreath and attach it with clear fishing line.
- Tuck the cord to your lighted sign behind the wreath. Tip: You may need to thread the cord in-between your frame and the cardboard insert if your wreath isn’t big enough to hide it well. Just be careful not to loosen your wreath from the frame as you do so!
- Find the perfect spot on your wall and hang your pretty decoration with Contact Strips for easy and mess-free
- removal later on!
See I told you this was going to be easy peasy! Proof that simple can be just as pretty and much more fun than complicated! 😉 Have a Merry Christmas, friend!
DIY Christmas Wreath & Set Design – Megan Martin Creative
Fresh Wreath and Flowers – Shea Hopely Flowers
Photography – Sarahdipity Photos